Put More Than A
Century Of Experience
To Work For You

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Workers’ Compensation
  4.  » What If My Claim Is Denied?

What If My Claim Is Denied?

We Can Help You File An Effective Claim Petition

Your workers’ compensation claim can be declined if your employer, or its insurance carrier, denies liability for your injuries because:

  • You filed more than 120 days from date of injury
  • You provided wrong information on the application
  • Your employer does not acknowledge the serious nature of your injury
  • Your employer indicates your injury was due to your illegal use of drugs at work
  • Your employer’s insurance company states that your injury happened after work

When your employer determines you do not qualify for compensation, or issues a notice of temporary compensation for up to a 90-day period to investigate further, you may file a claim petition.

In order to overcome the initial denial of your benefits, you need to show that your injury that occurred at work caused your inability to perform the essential tasks of your job.

At Goldstein, Heslop, Steele, Clapper, Oswalt & Smith (GHSCOS), our knowledgeable workers’ compensation lawyers work without delay to help our clients prepare for a favorable outcome.

Our legacy of successful experience sets our firm apart. Contact us online right away if your workers’ compensation claim was denied, or call our Altoona office today at 814-201-6845 for a free consultation.

We Help You Work With Your Health Care Team

If you are hurt on the job, your injuries require timely treatment for your own well-being. Your medical records obtained during treatment are also critical evidence to prove your right to receive workers’ compensation benefits.

When you go before the administrative judge at your workers’ compensation hearing, you need to present your best evidence to prove your injuries are severe and occurred at your workplace. Evidence includes medical records, reports and witnesses.

Your physician’s expert testimony can help show that your injury was the immediate result of activities you perform at your job. Your employer’s insurance company may attempt to provide a physician for you, however, you have a right to your own doctor.

We help you work with your chosen health care team to secure the documentation of your injury that will hold up during your appeal process so you can get the medical care and wage loss benefits you deserve.

We Protect Your Interests And Advocate For Your Rights

Our attorneys can aggressively represent you at the alternative dispute resolution session that follows your hearing. This may be through mediation, a settlement conference or an informal conference with the judge.

When the judge issues a written decision and you do not agree with the decision, you have 20 days to file an appeal with the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Appeal Board. Further appeal may be then made to the Commonwealth Court.

Goldstein, Heslop, Steele, Clapper, Oswalt & Smith (GHSCOS) accepts workers’ comp claim cases on a contingency fee basis. Call 814-201-6845 or email us as soon as possible to protect your rights to fair compensation.

  • Badge1
  • Badge2
  • Badge3