Put Our Decades of Experience To The Test Schedule Your Free Consultation

Recovering Car Accident Damages as A Victim of Road Rage

Goldstein Heslop Steele Clapper Oswalt & Smith Dec. 10, 2021

Incidents of road rage are quite common and, throughout the years, have actually increased. Many often involve personal injury or property damage and, if you have been a victim of it, you might even be wondering if it is possible to sue the other driver for injuries that resulted from road rage. If you can identify that person, you can sue him or her for damages, in addition to possibly pursuing criminal charges.

After you are seen by a healthcare professional and treated for your injuries, it is important to obtain copies of your medical bills and reports, which will support your claim for damages. Unlike a car accident, incidents involving road rage are considered intentional acts, which mean you might also be able to seek punitive damages against the other driver. These types of damages are meant to punish the other party for malicious acts against you that caused your injuries.

The types of recoverable damages in such a case include:

  • Damage done to your vehicle

  • Medical bills and lost wages

  • Pain and suffering

  • Emotional duress

Remember, you cannot just sue another driver by claiming he or she was angry. You can sue an aggressive driver if, for example, he or she swerved into you and ran you off the road, or drove too close to you, causing a rear-end collision.

Personal Injury Attorneys in Altoona

At Goldstein, Heslop, Steele, Clapper, Oswalt, and Smith, we are committed to helping you hold the responsible party accountable for your injuries and ensuring you receive fair and just compensation. If a road rage incident resulted in injuries, it is crucial to obtain skilled legal representation.

Contact our office today to schedule a consultation with a member of our legal team.